Nunavut is currently developing a framework for new marijuana legislation.
- The federal government has set the minimum age to buy and use cannabis at 18. However, Nunavut will determine if the age will be raised. Legal drinking age is 19.
- Smoking rules in public will developed.
- Restrictions on driving impaired or posing cannabis while in a car will be established
- Making a campaign for public awareness education
- Setting standards for retail sales
- Providing education on the effects of cannabis on young people and their brains
- Information on the laws for retailing and what amount people can buy will be released after Canada Day 2018
Information is pending and will be posted here as it becomes available.
Most USA Players