$12,500 Contributed to Local Organizations
December 23, 2010
SKOKOMISH NATION, WA - The Skokomish Tribal Nation contributed $12,500 to local
organizations at an event held December 17, 2010 at Lucky Dog Casino.
Six local organizations were invited to a special event honoring their efforts.
However, the contribution amounts were not disclosed until the official
presentation. Thus, the event began with anticipation as the Skokomish Tribal
Nation's Council and Lucky Dog Casino's General Manager David Owens awarded each
organization with contributions ranging from $500 up to $5,000.
Skokomish Tribal Nation Chairman Guy Miller stated, "We are pleased to support
such great local organizations and look forward to their impact on our
Event host David Owens, General Manager of Lucky Dog Casino, said, "we are
excited to host such an amazing event where our business can give back to the
community where we do business."
Organizations receiving contributions include the following:
* ABATE of Washington – www.abate-wa.org
* Child Care Action Council - www.ccacwa.org/
* Habitat for Humanity of Mason County -
* Harmony Hill Retreat Center on Hood Canal -
* Save our County's Kids (SOCK) -
* Rez Animal Resources & Education -
Skokomish Tribal Nation CEO Yvonne Oberly added, "Lucky Dog Casino, a tribal
enterprise, is thrilled to be back in operation and able to support local
organizations in such a profound way."
Contributions are focused on four key areas:
1. Charitable – contributions to non-profit and charitable organizations in the
State of Washington;
2. Community – contributions to Tribal government programs which impact the
community (law enforcement, education, housing, health)
3. Problem Gambling – contributions to problem gambling education, awareness and
treatment in the State of Washington.
4. Smoking Cessation and Prevention – contributions to smoking cessation,
prevention, education, awareness and treatment in the State of Washington.
Return to Washington Casinos.