AKWESASNE - Construction on the $75 million first phase of expansion at the
Akwesasne Mohawk Casino has started. The former gift shop on the east side of
the casino is being converted into floor space for 1,000 new slot machines.
These machines will be installed in sets of 250 over the course of the year. In
addition, the expansion includes a new sport bar "Sticks" named for lacrosse.
Later this year construction will begin on the second phase for an 8-story hotel with 220 guest rooms. Eventually they will add an entertainment complex. The Mohawk Bingo Palace will be relocated into the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino.
The original plans were announced in October 2006 and outlined the following:
• a Class III casino with 1,500 slot machines and 35 table games
• a Class II casino with 500 gaming machines and a 36-table poker room
• a multi-purpose events center with 850 bingo seats
• a proposed 400-room hotel
• five to eight restaurant and dining facilities
• two ballrooms
• meeting spaces
• a business center,
• a non-gaming video arcade
• an assortment of gift, retail, and resort outlets
• parking for at least 2,000 vehicles, with structured parking for at least 1,000 vehicles.
Return to New York Casinos.
Most USA Players
CASINO • LIVE DEALER • POKER • SPORTSBOOK • RACEBOOK
Disclaimer: All images are copyright to their respective owners and are used by 500 Nations for informational purposes only.
500 Nations is an independent directory and information service free of any gaming operator's control and not affiliated with any casino.
Warning: You must ensure you meet all age and other regulatory requirements before entering a casino or placing a wager. There are hundreds of jurisdictions in the world with Internet access and hundreds of different games and gambling opportunities available on the Internet. Do not assume that Internet gaming sites are in compliance with the rules and regulations of every jurisdiction from which they accept players. YOU are responsible for determining if it is legal for YOU to play any particular game or place any particular wager under the laws of the jurisdiction where you are located.